FAQs and commonly asked questions
Please return with the tank refuelled to the point where it was when you picked it up. Otherwise, the refuelling charge would be cost plus 3000yen for our team to manage this.
In the campervan rental game bookings are usually made a few weeks or even months in advance, so cancellations near the date of pickup are hard to rebook, so the full amount would not be refunded as we get into the final month countdown to the pick-up date, we refund the
The grace period for 100% refund = Up to 7 days after the booking is made (minus processing fee)
Guests can cancel at least 30 days before check-in and get a 50% refund
Up to 7 days prior to the date of rental we can off a 25% Refund
From 48 hours before the date of pick up 100% of the rental amount is charged.
Our camper vans include insurance, there is a damage waiver however which is 100,000yen, the basic insurance covers one driver.
Our insurance company can arrange insurance cover for additional drivers, and people outside this age range, please contact us for more details.
The vehicle has third party insurance which covers as below.
- Bodily Injury/ Death (Unlimited per person)
- Property Damage (Unlimited per occurrence (Deductible: 100,000 YEN))
- Rented Vehicle (Up to market value per occurrence (Deductible: 100,000YEN))
- Road Services
- Hotel grade bedding set (pillows, blanket etc)
- Basic Insurance
- Unlimited mileage
- Cooking pack with utensils
- Battery charger
- Clean Water
- Access to Japans free camping, road side sleeping spots
- Vehicle support/ 24 hour roadside assistance
- Offset of all carbon emissions
Late check out is possible, after a certain point, it means that the van can no longer be rented out to another guess.
Check out times:
9am -11am: Free (standard)
11am – 1pm: 5000yen
After 1pm: Another day of booking
(the pick up time is 3pm and we need time to properly clean for the next book