The Dream Drive limited warranty (“Warranty”) covers defects in workmanship for all labour and materials associated with vehicle conversion services (“Services”). The Warranty shall commence upon delivery of the campervan and lasts for a period of either (1) year from the date of collection, or until the day the vehicle travels 20,000 thousand kilometres (20,000 km), whichever of the two occurs first (the “Warranty Period”). This warranty extends to the original customer only and is not transferable to other parties.
Within the Warranty Period, Dream Drive will repair or replace any part proving defective in material or workmanship. All warranty repairs and service must be performed by Dream Drive at the service center in Tokyo and it is the responsibility of the Customer to move the vehicle to Dream Drive for servicing. Individual appliances and electronics with their own manufacturer warranty including but not limited to the fridge, inverter, battery, solar panel, solar charge controller, battery isolator relay, fan, latches, drawer slides, hinges, windows, heating system, are not covered under this Warranty and claims must be filed with the original manufacturer of the product. All expenses related to replacing or repairing defective materials and workmanship under this warranty shall be assumed by Dream Drive except for the following expenses, which shall be assumed by the buyer: Normal and reasonable wear and tear, damages incurred from negligence or misuse, damage or defect in products, electronics, appliances, or materials not directly related to the installation of the product, and damages or defects to the vehicle including but not limited to: body, suspension, drive train, exhaust, electrical, and structural.
This warranty does not cover any component, assembly, structural features, drive train, suspension, emissions, or any other part associated with the original manufacturer of the concerned vehicle. Furthermore, this warranty does not apply to any costs, repairs, or services for the following:
- service calls to explain the usage of the product to the buyer;
- repairs necessitated by use or normal wear and tear;
- damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accidents, alterations, or improper maintenance by the Customer or other third party;
- corrective work necessitated by repairs made by anyone other than Dream Drive authorized service technician;
- changes or alterations to the vehicle or its equipment post-conversion;
- warping caused by certain forms of insulation;
- mould or mildew caused by improper use; or
- any other exclusions already agreed to or risks already assumed by the customer in the customer’s Vehicle Conversion Agreement.
Any service, repair or modifications to the vehicle following the completion of Services that are not performed by Dream Drive or its pre-approved contractor or technician will void this warranty.
Limitation of Damages
In no event shall Dream Drive be liable for consequential damages for breach of this Warranty.