Job Opportunity: We're Hiring a Talented Campervan Builder
Hi everybody, Dream Drive is currently seeking a driven, talented craftsperson to join our production team in Komae, Tokyo.
Although the size of the company is small, the feeling of speed and growth is very fast, and it is a fun and working environment.
Who Are We?
We are a campervan rental company and custom van building team in Tokyo Japan. We are a group of people from several different countries, so we are able to keep the work environment casual in dress and communication…but we are serious about our work.
We are driven to achieve and are looking for a new addition to our team that is similar.
Check the video to see the depot!
The Main Work
The main work for this position will be campervan interior creation and woodworking.
The difficulty level of the work ranges from building interior furniture from shop schematics all the way to fitting and molding wood and steel parts into the curved interiors of our vans.
The most ideal candidate will be able to work from production drawings with ease, and will be skilled at finding solutions to problems with both form (the design) and function (the need for van interiors to be durable and well-built).
Since interiors are made according to the size of the car, those who are experienced furniture makers are welcome.
As a work flow,
Listen to the image of our designer and carpenter and be able to build with and without explicit instructions.
- Ability to understand the design aesthetic is a part of the work so a background in jobs where design aesthetics are important is a plus.
- The ability to work to a deadline is very important as well. Set builders for stage, tv and film are welcome to apply. Window display artists that have experience designing and building displays would be a good fit with us.
- Basically, as a team member you need to have enough building skills to work on your own and finish work in a specific time frame. To do this you will need the ability to maintain quality while optimizing your work for speed.
- MUST HAVE Requirements:
Minimum 2 years as a lead Carpenter, Cabinet Maker, Finisher, Design build lead or similar.
Experience building and installing built-in and custom-fit furniture
Finish work, complex angles and wood sculpting is a plus
Permanent Resident or Spouse visa is a must for this role
The ability to work to tight deadlines by choosing the best balance of quality and speed.
Set builders for stage, tv and film are welcome to apply. Applicants with backgrounds like window display artists, artist assistants and hands-on exhibition designers that have experience designing and building displays would also be a good fit.
Working hours and days of the week:
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and the monthly salary is between 270,000 and 450,000 Yen, based on experience and fit.
Transportation expenses provided and
- weekends closed and 10 days paid vacation per year.
- No dress regulations
- Bike or Car commuting possible
Odakyu Line Komae Station 7 minutes on foot
Our location is in south Setagaya, about 22 minutes from Shinjuku by train.